Tuesday, June 5, 2007
I posted some videos of Guitar Hero III yesterday. And now I have some more information.
There’s going to be a new multiplayer mode called Battle Mode which sounds a lot like the face-off/pro-face-off modes except now there’s some powerups involved:
- Broken string: One button on the opponent’s guitar will not work until it is fixed (by rapidly tapping the button).
- Difficulty up: The opponent will play the song on an increased difficulty for a short duration of time (except for expert difficulty).
- Amp overload: The fret board will shake and appear blurry, making the scrolling notes difficult to read.
- Whammy bar: The opponent will have to use the whammy bar before he/she can play notes again.
- Steal power: This will steal your opponent’s power-up.
- Double notes: The opponent will have to play twice as many notes for a short duration of time.
- Lefty flip: The fret board will be mirrored, requiring the player to switch their handedness on the guitar.
Here’s the new list of songs according to Game|Life of wired :
- Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
- Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
- Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
- The Metal (by Tenacious D)
- My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
- Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
- Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
- School’s Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
- Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat)
- Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
- Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)
I think that’s all the new songs they’ve announced, but I’m sure there’s still going to be plenty of songs everyone liked from the first two games.
Go read the press release. There’s a lot more being added to GH3 than I thought, and the best feature is every system will have wireless guitars to play with.
Guitar Hero Encore : Rocks the 80s is coming this summer for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, and.. whatever other systems they want.Tags: activision, games, Gaming, guitar, guitar hero 3, Music, News, ps3, red octane, Wii, xbox 360
Discover and Share