Home Random Sh17cast Forums

Hot Violin Girls – Toxicity

Thursday, September 24, 2009

People with Violins are cool. Hot girls covering System of a Down songs with violins.. are awesome.

See more funny videos and funny pictures at CollegeHumor.

Update: I decided to do a little extra research for those of you who are lazy but curious to see more of these girls:

Jennifer Lynn, Electric Violin; www.jenniferviolynn.com
Christine Wu, Electric Violin; www.christine-wu.com (I think)
Meytal Cohen, Drums; www.meytalcohen.com

The original youtube video posted by Meytal is [here].

Discover and Share
posted by johntash at 11:46 pm

24 Comments

1. Oh hell yes!!! they totally rocked that song, personally, I like this version better, cuz its eye candy too.

I wouldn’t mind seeing more out of these girls…;)

Comment by James — December 9, 2009 @ 3:26 pm

2. these girls are great. as good as the violinists are ive seen better. not hating or anything but they could be better. as for the drummer? dear god! she is incredible with the double bass pedal getting the odd beats perfect. and her fills are, though not very hard, they are accurate (like the song) and very well done.

over all an extremely amazing performance.

Comment by not sure — December 9, 2009 @ 6:46 pm

3. this was great, well played well done etc @not sure: what are you talking about odd beats lol ghosting in 4/4 oh my god how could she ever play 4/4 while ghosting notes

Comment by jack — December 9, 2009 @ 6:55 pm

4. it’s in 6/8 mate not 4/4. and the use of hemiola makes some of it quite tricky

Comment by Talbot — December 10, 2009 @ 3:07 pm

5. Maybe I am not used to electric violins, but it looks weird. And from the one angle it doesn’t look like there is a double kick. I dunno maybe its just in my head.

Comment by tempust — January 25, 2010 @ 9:36 pm

6. There is def no double kick on the drums. They all look bored to tears. Why was this filmed in a parking garage and why could none of these girls come up with more than ten dollars to spend on a wardrobe for this thing? Whatever. Be impressed, I guess.

Comment by wtf — January 30, 2010 @ 10:42 am

7. the drummer girl is hot 😀

nice music girls! =)

Comment by BlackGod — January 30, 2010 @ 1:46 pm

8. 6/8 and double kick.. but she hardly uses it

Comment by Kristoph — February 4, 2010 @ 8:37 am

9. Electric violins sound like shit…

Comment by Garii — February 14, 2010 @ 10:43 pm

10. OMG. shweetness

Comment by Shnapps — February 16, 2010 @ 11:01 pm

11. I’m more impressed with the drum beat.

Comment by matt — February 18, 2010 @ 2:42 am

12. While I liked this, and appreciate that these girls are much better musicians than myself… I can’t help but think this is just a half assed version of the band, Rasputina. Rasputina were two hot chicks that played distorted cellos, and a drummer–they also played original music, and worked the whole victorian dominatrix wardrobe style. I don’t know if they still exist, but when I saw them in the ’90s it was pretty cool. Oh, and did I mention there were vocals, too? I mean, vocals in pop rock… kind of key.

Comment by aaron — February 18, 2010 @ 11:15 pm

13. That was great. I needed that.

Comment by David Durler — February 19, 2010 @ 9:14 pm

14. Holy shit… so awesome… haters can hate because they hate themselves for not being able to do anything half this cool… but this is awesome.

Comment by TAOT — February 19, 2010 @ 10:31 pm

15. I am impressed, go on with the sparkling music you make. Love and greetings Ruud

Comment by Ruud — February 20, 2010 @ 5:42 am

16. One of the chicks is playing the guitar part and the other is playing the vocal harmony. As far as complaining about vocals shuzup. It’s a cover and people are allowed to make it there own, post your own vid if you can do better. As far as complaining about double kick, if she did it a single beat then even more props that’s an odd time signature. Very good job imo! Keep it up!

Comment by slimstickman — February 22, 2010 @ 11:12 pm

17. Look at me I’m another one of the idiots who posted above me who doesn’t know a damn thing about music or talent but I’m still going to say that this was mediocre at best, yeah they can do better, I can’t but they totally can.
    I’m a dumb asshole who will criticize anything no matter how awesome it is! I! AM! THE INTERNET!

Comment by Andre — February 22, 2010 @ 11:35 pm

18. Awesome!

Comment by Rowan — February 26, 2010 @ 10:06 pm

19. Beautiful…

Comment by Guillermo — February 27, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

20. I’d wager that as of this post, the girls in the video have more degrees than the sum of all the people that posted, myself included. Research them, peeps, these girls each are heavy artillery.

Comment by spuffler — March 2, 2010 @ 1:11 am

21. Wow… very very not bad on a few counts. 🙂

Comment by chris — April 12, 2010 @ 11:30 pm

22. Holy F… playing violin and headbanging at the same time?? YOU ROCK

Comment by Sesilu — April 14, 2010 @ 9:30 am

23. They definitely do not look bored to me….

Comment by Joe — April 25, 2010 @ 10:46 pm

24. I’m sorry, love the song, and I love the cover, but is it bad that I just can’t get over the fact that the chick playing drums is holding her sticks COMPLETELY wrong?

Comment by Aaron — January 11, 2011 @ 5:11 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

54 queries. 0.148 seconds.